MASALA welcomes proposals from both MASALA investigators and external investigators interested in working with MASALA data or collected biospecimens.
Propose a manuscript using MASALA data (Analysis Plan)
- Investigators need to collaborate with a MASALA sponsoring investigator.
- Review previously approved proposals and MASALA published manuscripts for potential overlap with your proposal. Please check with Ann Chang (email@example.com) or the MASALA investigator sponsoring your proposal to make sure there is no overlap with other approved proposals.
- Review Current MASALA Study Measures.
- To make sure that the research question isn't already proposed, please contact Ann Chang or a MASALA study PI.
- Please refer to the Manuscript Proposal Guidelines and MASALA Analysis Proposal Template for complete instructions.
- You will need to have IRB approval from your institution to use the MASALA study deidentified data (an exempt IRB application may be appropriate, but consult your IRB). We require IRB approval with a signed Data Use Agreement before any study data will be shared for approved proposals.
- The MASALA Steering Committee recommends that you to keep the author list to <10 people, with 3 maximum from a single institution, and only include co-authors who are directly involved in the study conception, analysis, provision of critical input, and those who were responsible for the original study methods, data collection, cleaning and harmonization.
- Please refer to Acknowledgements for MASALA Manuscripts for acknowledgement guidelines.
Propose an ancillary study involving MASALA participants or specimens (Ancillary Study)
- A MASALA ancillary study is one that uses MASALA resources and derives external funding.
- A study that involves the collection of new data, either directly from participants or from previously collected samples, images, or other sources is an ancillary study, regardless of the method of funding.
- A study that provides external funding for the Coordinating Center, Clinic Centers, or a Reading Center, is an ancillary study.
- Each ancillary study must include a MASALA Principal Investigator on the proposal.
- Please refer to the MASALA Ancillary Study Proposal Form and MASALA Ancillary Study Policy for complete instructions.
Submission deadline date
Proposals are due at noon Pacific Time
- August 13, 2018
- September 10, 2018
- October 8, 2018
- November 12, 2018
- December 10, 2018